HISTORIC AZERBAIJAN TERRITORY MAP
NOTICE ON NUMBERS
1. Under Russian occupation since 1920 invasion of Red army (still populated by Azeris)
2. Seceded from mainland in a treaty between Democratic Republic of Azerbaijan and Republic of Georgia since 1918 (still populated by Azeris)
3. Seceded from Azerbaijan during a confrontation with Armenia in 1917-1918 (Azeris were ethnically cleansed since then and the remainder were cleansed in 1990)
4. Azerbaijani tribe of Meshqati's homeland Annexed to Armenia and Georgia since 1918. Azeris in Armenian side were ethnically cleansed immediately. Azeris in the Georgian part were ethnically cleansed by Stalin and forcibly send to Central Asia (repopulated by Armenians ever since). Fifty years on they are still campaigning to be allowed back.
5. Part of Armenia since 1920. Was granted to Armenia by Bolsheviks and Azeris were ethnically cleansed under the excuse of collectivization. Remainder of Azeris were forcibly expelled in 1990.
6. Part of Armenia since Confederation of Caucasus Republics in 1917. Azeris were ethnically cleansed in 1918 and 1990.
7. Autonomous region of Ajaria within Republic of Georgia.
8. Seceded from mainland in a war between Sunni Ottomans Turks and Shia Azeri Turks in 1515 by treaty of Chaldiran.
9. Republic of Azerbaijan. An internationally recognised Independent Republic of Azerbaijan. Armenian Armed Forces with the help of Russian Army and Iranian government support has occupied more than % 20 of its territories since Independent in 1991. Consequently, she has over one million refugees.
10. Southern Azerbaijan. The most populated part of Azerbaijan under Persian occupation since 21 Azer (12 December of 1946).